Are you passionate about helping others and do you want to make a difference to patients? Have you got a strong customer service background with an ability to work under pressure? Then look no further, as Practice Plus Group have a job for you! Practice Plus Group are looking for a 111 Health Advisor to join our busy NHS 111 call centre in Stoke Gifford, Bristol, on a permanent basis.
NHS 111 is the 24/7/365 non-emergency telephone service providing patients access to the most appropriate urgent care service for their needs without the need for repeated assessment. NHS 111 is designed to improve and simplify access to non-emergency health care by providing access to a full range of services including referrals into community, primary and secondary care services. Please note that offers of employment are subject to receipt of satisfactory references and a DBS check. At Practice Plus Group, we actively promote diversity and equal opportunities. Applicants must have the right to work in the EU.
Pay Rates & Benefits
• During training - £8.72 per hour
• After Training £9.89 If you work between 07:00-22:59 and £12.30 if you work between 23:00-06:59
• Enhanced rates (Non-Contractual - T&C’s apply) - £12.73 per hour (Friday 18:00-23:00, Saturday & Sunday 07:00-23:00)
In addition to the above pay rates, we also offer:
• Further pay enhancements for some of our busier shifts *T&Cs apply
• 33 days annual leave (pro-rata, including bank holidays)
• Company Pension Scheme
• 2x Life Assurance
• Contribution towards Eye test and Glasses
• Cycle to work scheme – offering discounts rates and payment plans of bicycles and equipment
• Practice Plus Group perks –offering you discounts and cash back with large retailers
• Annual employee recognition award ceremony
• Career development opportunities
• Access to our bespoke e-learning system
As a 111 Health Advisor, you will be answering inbound calls from members of the public in need of medical advice. The patient may need to be given general advice, speak with a Clinical Advisor or be booked into an appointment with an available out-of-hours service. While we are a non-urgent service, some calls can be emotional, distressing or life-threatening, and there will be times when 999 services (such as an ambulance) may need to be dispatched.
Skills & Experience
• Good communication & telephone manner
• Ability to work effectively under pressure
• Good organisational & administration skills
• Relevant computer skills including MS Office packages
• Willingness to learn new skills
Training & Support
In order to use the NHS 111 Pathways system and work as a Health Advisor, you’ll need to undertake our extensive training programme which includes completing and passing assessments.
We have two options for the initial NHS Pathways training, followed by a further 8 weeks of support from our Supervisors and Clinical Advisors prior to being signed-off to work on your own.
The options are:
Full Time – Monday – Friday, 9am – 5pm (lasting for 4 weeks)
Part Time – Sat & Sun, 9am – 5pm & Tues, Weds and Thurs evenings 6pm - 9:30pm (lasting for 5 weeks)
These courses run on a monthly basis and it’s essential that you can attend every day of the training.
Although this can be a little daunting, we will provide you with a workbook prior to starting the training which will allow you get a head start in understanding what you’ll be learning in your training.
We will contact all shortlisted candidates but please note Practice Plus Group retain the right to remove the advert prior to the closing date if a suitable candidate is appointed. Our employment offers are subject to receipt of satisfactory pre-employment checks. At Practice Plus Group, we actively promote diversity and equal opportunities. Applicants must have the right to work in the EU.
We are one of the UK largest independent sector healthcare providers and work in close partnership with the NHS to deliver more than 50 services throughout the UK. We provide high quality specialist care and excellent results for more than 50,000 patients each year.