Are you an administrator looking to make a difference?
Do you want in an environment that's actively helping people?
We require a Receptionist / Administrator who will have a dual role duties within the Practice as directed by the Deputy Service Manager and to provide a prompt, courteous efficient and caring service to all patients, visitors, and members of the clinical team. Liaise with other members of the team to ensure that the unit delivers a first class, and seamless service to our patients.
Deputy Service Manager
• To man reception when required and provide a courteous and efficient reception service to all patients, enquirers and visitors
• Ensuring the appropriate person is notified of the patient’s arrival
• Book and schedule patient appointments using the electronic booking system – EMIS & Adastra
• Ensure the smooth running of the waiting area and be observant of the patients waiting in case their health deteriorates
• Answer the telephone promptly and deal with enquiries in a helpful and courteous manner, being aware of the need to maintain confidentiality at all times regarding staff and residents
• Perform receptionist duties as required by the Deputy Service Manager and to ensure efficient systems are in place for the maintenance of all records in accordance with Statutory and Company procedures
• Ensure all forms of correspondence are processed in a timely manner
• Undertake general clerical duties including photocopying, filing and faxing
• Support the Deputy Service Manager in all areas of public relations
• Ensure the reception area is kept tidy and all areas are safe
• To deal with sensitive information and be able to emphasise with patients, colleagues and others
• To process repeat prescriptions in accordance with practice procedures
• To attend and contribute to staff meetings and development meetings constructively
Skills & Experience
• Dealing with a wide range of people in different situations.
• Working as part of a team.
• Sensitivity and empathy with people from different backgrounds.
• Good standard of literacy and numeracy.
• Ability to work without close supervision.
• Able to work as part of team.
• Able to prioritise workload.
• The ability to exercise judgement when dealing with patient enquiries /problems.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Excellent Computer skills.
What We Can offer You
We would be offering £9.41 per hour and have a range of different contracts available. So, whether you're looking for bank, part time or full time working, please do not hesitate to contact us.
We can also offer annual leave entitlement (25 days full time equivalent + 8 days' bank holidays), pension scheme and numerous discounts and vouchers, as well as development opportunities.
Practice Plus Group is passionate about great healthcare. We believe that anyone should be able to access excellent care, whether via the NHS or privately. Our breadth of expertise spans surgery, diagnostics, general practice, offender health and urgent care, with an unrivalled range of different services provided across the country. We’re proud to be at the forefront of developing new and exciting ways to support the nation’s health too, helping patients to maximise their wellbeing and live life to the full.
Please note that offers of employment are subject to receipt of satisfactory references and a DBS check.
Practice Plus Group is committed to creating a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Practice Plus Group reserve the right to close the advert early, should a sufficient number of applications be received.
If you'd like to learn more, or have any questions please contact Karla Smith - email@example.com