We require a Receptionist to manage the receptionist procedures within the Practice as directed by the Deputy Service Manager and to provide a prompt, courteous efficient and caring service to all patients, visitors, and members of the clinical team. Liaise with other members of the team to ensure that the unit delivers a first class, and seamless service to our patients.
Deputy Service Manager
• To man reception when required and provide a courteous and efficient reception service to all patients, enquirers and visitors
• Ensuring the appropriate person is notified of the patient’s arrival
• Book and schedule patient appointments using the electronic booking system – EMIS & Adastra
• Ensure the smooth running of the waiting area and be observant of the patients waiting in case their health deteriorates
• Answer the telephone promptly and deal with enquiries in a helpful and courteous manner, being aware of the need to maintain confidentiality at all times regarding staff and residents
• Perform receptionist duties as required by the Deputy Service Manager and to ensure efficient systems are in place for the maintenance of all records in accordance with Statutory and Company procedures
• Ensure all forms of correspondence are processed in a timely manner
• Undertake general clerical duties including photocopying, filing and faxing
• Support the Deputy Service Manager in all areas of public relations
• Ensure the reception area is kept tidy and all areas are safe
• To deal with sensitive information and be able to emphasise with patients, colleagues and others
• To process repeat prescriptions in accordance with practice procedures
• To attend and contribute to staff meetings and development meetings constructively
Skills & Experience
• Dealing with a wide range of people in different situations.
• Working as part of a team.
• Sensitivity and empathy with people from different backgrounds.
• Good standard of literacy and numeracy.
• Ability to work without close supervision.
• Able to work as part of team.
• Able to prioritise workload.
• The ability to exercise judgement when dealing with patient enquiries /problems.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Excellent Computer skills.
• GCSE or equivalent qualifications
• Relevant experience