I help to make a difference!
Are you collaborative, caring and compassionate?
Prisons are one of the most challenging, yet rewarding places for healthcare professionals to work - if you’re looking for a role where you can develop your existing skills and learn something new every day, then this is the place to be.
As a healthcare provider, we recognise the fact that prisoners are a socially excluded group with complex healthcare needs that can often be associated with poor outcomes. We believe in putting the patient first, regardless of the environment or their history.
About Practice Plus Group!
Practice Plus Group are Health in Justice Market leader, providing healthcare services to offenders across the country. Our model of care is our Wellbeing Approach – an integrated, comprehensive approach in recognition of the fact prisoners are a socially-excluded group with healthcare needs which are complex and often associated with poor outcomes. It adopts the premise no single health/wellbeing factor can be taken in isolation of other motivational issues which might impact a person’s care.
What do we need from you so you can do the job?
• To act as an expert practitioner demonstrating advanced knowledge and skill beyond that associated with traditional nursing roles, legal and professional accountability, including the integration of research evidence into practice by expert clinical reasoning and decision-making.
• Work with the Clinical Teams and Head of Healthcare to plan, implement and evaluate the care of patients requiring Health Care in prison, providing appropriate information to patients where appropriate.
• The post-holder will spend a component of their time working in clinical practice and support the management of the most complex of patients.
• To utilise advanced clinical reasoning skills and evidence based knowledge in the management of the most complex of these patients.
• To work in partnership with the national clinical team to roll out nurse lead clinical training and development initiates
• To use expert theoretical and practical knowledge to refer to other departments/colleagues within or outside the service as necessary relying on own interpretation of clinical information, and expert clinical decision-making.
• To work in partnership with the Lead GP and clinical team as part of the MPCCC to put in place safe pathways of care for patients at HMP Wormwood Scrubs
You will be a Level One Registered Nurse with at least 5 years plus of nursing experience. You will have a minimum of 3 years clinical experience as a senior nurse within healthcare in the Criminal Justice System.
In return for your hard work you will...
Salary for this role is up to £56,000 per annum DOE. You'll also get a number of benefits including a company contributory pension scheme, 25 days annual leave plus 8 public bank holidays (pro-rata for part-time) plus CPD and re-validation support. On site parking is available at HMP Wormwood Scrubs.
Other benefits include cycle to work scheme plus training and clinical development opportunities.
If you are shortlisted, you will be contacted by the Internal Recruiter for this role.
The recruiter will submit your CV to the hiring manager and in turn we will arrange an interview for you to attend if the hiring managers feel that you are suitable for the job.
This is a full-time role working 37.5 hours per week.
Please note that offers of employment are subject to Practice Plus Group’s Terms & Conditions and receipt of satisfactory references, an enhanced DBS check and prison vetting.
At Practice Plus Group we actively promote diversity and equal opportunities and we are committed to this in both the running of our prison healthcare service and how we recruit our staff. We actively encourage applications from everyone with the essential requirements of the job, regardless of any protected characteristics.
Practice Plus Group is passionate about the work that we do and have the following core values:
∙ We treat patients and each other as we would like to be treated
∙ We act with integrity
∙ We embrace diversity
∙ We strive to do things better together.
We reserve the right to close this role early once a sufficient number of applications have been received.