The post holder will be a member of the wider management team and be responsible for providing the day to day clinical and operational management of the integrated mental health team, contributing to the strategic direction of the service.
There will be an expectation the post holder will lead/contribute to clinical and consumer audits and implement any resulting recommendations and develop evidence based approaches encouraging reflective practice and a commitment to the clinical governance agenda.
The post holder is directly responsible to the Service Managers, to ensure the management of the service meets its contractual obligations. This includes ensuring all operational and clinical data requirements on the Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) are submitted within agreed deadlines and that KPI data is utilised to manage the performance of the team and individual staff, taking proactive action in the case of clinical or financial underperformance.
Head of Healthcare
1. Work with the team, ensuring the delivery of high quality, individualised, evidence-based, patient centered nursing care
2. Direct and supervise the work of the mental health team in meeting identified health needs and the management of active caseloads.
3. Assess mental health of prisoners on admission to the prison and throughout their period of custody in so that any appropriate referral can be made.
Skills & Experience
• Proven post nursing registration experience
• Recent experience of working at Band 6 level
• Experience of keyworking and care planning
• Evidence of team leadership and supervision of junior staff
• Evidence in participating in planning and/or management meetings at a senior level
• Experience of working within a multi-disciplinary team
• Ability to work with minimal supervision.
• Ability to work within a multidisciplinary team.
• Sound clinical knowledge.
• Ability to lead and develop teams.
• Ability to provide and co-ordinate clinical and management supervision
• Ability to lead and facilitate decision-making processes
• Organisational skills
• Assessment skills, including an understanding of risk assessments.
• Ability to work within a harm reduction model.
• Understanding of relapse prevention model.
• Awareness of health issues relating to substance misuse.
• Ability to work in partnership with other agencies.
• Ability to treat service users with respect and dignity at all times, adopting a culturally sensitive approach, which considers the needs of the whole person.
• Able to build constructive relationships with warmth and empathy, using good communication skills.
• 1st level RMN with current registration with the UK Nursing Midwifery Council (NMC).
• Evidence of Continuous Professional Development (CPD).
• Post registration management qualification or relevant experience
The successful candidate will require an enhanced DBS and prison vetting.
At Practice Plus Group we actively promote diversity and equal opportunities and we are committed to this in both the running of our prison healthcare service and how we recruit our staff. We actively encourage applications from everyone with the essential requirements of the job, regardless of any protected characteristics.
Due to an ongoing internal issue with our website, if you currently work for Practice Plus Group and are trying to apply via our intranet, please contact Kirsty Dennett by email Kirsty.Dennett@practiceplusgroup.com