Make a difference!
Prisons are one of the most challenging, yet rewarding places for healthcare professionals to work - if you’re looking for a role where you can develop your existing skills and learn something new every day, then this is the place to be.
Practice Plus Group are Health in Justice Market leader, providing healthcare services to offenders across the country. Our model of care is our Wellbeing Approach – an integrated, comprehensive approach in recognition of the fact prisoners are a socially-excluded group with healthcare needs which are complex and often associated with poor outcomes. It adopts the premise no single health/wellbeing factor can be taken in isolation of other motivational issues which might impact a person’s care.
We are passionate about what we do and our core values:
∙ We treat patients and each other as we would like to be treated
∙ We act with integrity
∙ We embrace diversity
∙ We strive to do things better together.
If this resonates with you then we’d like to hear from you!
What we can offer you…
• Clinical development opportunities in specialist roles of your interest , such as CBT, ANP, BBV, sexual health, ILS/ALS (intermediate life support and advanced life support), health promotion, RCGP and long term condition courses.
• A salary of up to £31,600 per annum FTE - dependent on experience.
• Free DBS check, free uniform, free mandatory training, indemnity cover, CPD and re-validation support.
• 25 days annual leave plus 8 public bank holidays (pro-rata for part-time), plus other benefits including cycle to work scheme and clinical development opportunities.
How we will support you…
• Bespoke induction
• Competency framework
• Preceptorship (newly qualified practitioners)
• Regular clinical supervision
• Supported development into specialties such as diabetes or asthma
• Regional and national career development opportunities
• Our bespoke Learning Management System to address your learning needs
• Support from the wider team
What we need from you...
You will be a qualified Registered Nurse (Mental Health) or RLND, with a real passion for developing your clinical skills in an environment that is ever changing. You’ll have a flexible approach working within a team that encourage new ideas and opinions on how to improve the service.
You should possess a good working knowledge of conducting risk assessments and care planning as well as someone who is creative and forward thinking to work through the issues that may arise in this challenging but exciting environment. Knowledge in therapeutic interventions such as CBT or Steps to Wellbeing are desirable but transferable clinical skills will be considered with appropriate training provided.
This is a full-time role working 37.5 hours per week. Healthcare operates 7 days a week, we also welcome part-time applications.
Please note that offers of employment are subject to Practice Plus Group Terms & Conditions and receipt of satisfactory references, an enhanced DBS check and prison vetting.
At Practice Plus Group we actively promote diversity and equal opportunities and we are committed to this in both the running of our prison healthcare service and how we recruit our staff. We actively encourage applications from everyone with the essential requirements of the job, regardless of any protected characteristics.