As a Registered General Nurse, you'll join our dedicated and passionate team at HMP The Mount.
Working as part of a small team, in a fast paced environment, you'll be providing primary care to patients and managing occasional acute illness and injury.
You'll want to work with a diverse group of people, in a service that seeks to focus on peoples wellbeing and promoting health.
In this role, you will:
• Carry out and develop if required nurse lead clinics within agreed guidelines and protocols.
• Assume responsibility for development, implementation and evaluation of patient care and standards.
• Review the patient history of follow up attendees, undertake appropriate examination and tests, and organise treatment where necessary.
• Refer patients to other health care professionals or agencies where appropriate.
• Adhere to infection control policies.
• Have an understanding, empathetic approach to patients, recognising that many will be worried and anxious.
• Maintain accurate records at all times documenting details of tests, treatment and follow up in patient’s notes and on the department database.
Skills & Experience
To be successful in this role, you must:
• Demonstrate knowledge of principles and philosophy of Clinical Governance.
• Health & Safety.
• Demonstrates ability to respond to situations and act on own initiative.
• Good interpersonal skills.
• Evidence of good record keeping.
• Performing clinical audits.
• Registered with NMC - must have valid PIN
• Evidence of updating practice and continued professional development
• Willing to undertake education/courses relevant to area of practice and service development
This is a full-time role of 37.5 hours per week. Working Monday – Sunday on a rolling rota, including alternate weekends and no nights!
The salary for this role is £30,000 - £34,000 per annum - dependent on experience. Staff parking is available on site and employees benefit from reduced canteen prices.
Please note that this role is subject to Practice Plus Group Terms & Conditions and Offers of employment are subject to satisfactory receipt of references, DBS check and prison vetting.
At Practice Plus Group we actively promote diversity and equal opportunities and we are committed to this in both the running of our prison healthcare service and how we recruit our staff. We actively encourage applications from everyone with the essential requirements of the job, regardless of any protected characteristics.
Practice Plus Group is passionate about the work that we do and have the following core values:
∙ We treat patients and each other as we would like to be treated
∙ We act with integrity
∙ We embrace diversity
∙ We strive to do things better together.
Due to an ongoing internal issue with our website, if you currently work for Practice Plus Group and are trying to apply via our intranet, please contact Kirsty Dennett by email Kirsty.Dennett@practiceplusgroup.com