An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced nurse to work within our Substance Misuse Team at HMP Wormwood Scrubs. As a dynamic, creative, team player you'll become part of a multidisciplinary service. This is an exciting time to support and motivate individuals to take control of their lives and to make changes to overcome dependence on substances and move onto a life free of offending.
In conjunction with the service user, we develop individualised packages of care through comprehensive assessment and recovery planning. We deliver a range of treatment options including clinical and psychosocial interventions in both a group and 1-1 setting with recovery at the centre of our model. You'll support the delivery of care for services users throughout their time at HMP Leeds.
IDTS Clinical Lead
As a Substance Misuse Nurse you will work as part of a multi-disciplinary team, whilst being a support and resource to less experienced members of staff. You must be able to carry out comprehensive assessments, initiate and review individual recovery plans and confidently communicate the full range of treatment options available to service users. You will work with individuals, on a 1-1 basis, providing advice and information. You will support in group work delivery and liaise with prescribers and Recovery Practitioners on clinical interventions. You will occasionally be required to support dispensing. You must have an understanding and commitment to recovery and a person centred approach. For this role it is vital you have a current registration with the nursing and midwifery council.
Skills & Experience
To be successful in this role, you will have:
• Experience of work with Substance Misusers
• Experience of working autonomously
• Ability to gain the appropriate level of service user consent
• Ability to work within a multidisciplinary team.
• Sound clinical/substance misuse knowledge.
• Organisational skills
• Assessment skills, including an understanding of risk assessments.
• Awareness of health issues relating to substance misuse.
• Ability to work in partnership with other agencies.
• Ability to treat service users with respect and dignity at all times, adopting a culturally sensitive approach, which considers the needs of the whole person.
• Able to build constructive relationships with warmth and empathy, using good communication skills.
• Evidence of knowledge in:
- current substance misuse issues
- health promotion
- clinical governance
- national initiatives e.g. NICE guidelines
- evidence based practice
- Standard for Better Health
• 1st Level Registered nurse with current registration within the UK Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC) - RGN/RMN
• Evidence of Continuous Professional Development (CPD).
• RCGP 1 in Substance Misuse
• RCGP 2 in Substance Misuse
• ENB 998 or equivalent Teaching qualification or willingness to undertake.
This is a full-time role, working 37.5 hours per week on a rota basis. The salary for this role is up to £33,000 per annum - dependent on experience.
Please note that this role is subject to Practice Plus Group Terms & Conditions and offers of employment are subject to receipt of satisfactory references, enhanced DBS check and prison vetting.